Monday, November 12, 2007

breakfast knitting

So I had my first negative public knitting experience. We were standing in line at a popular breakfast joint and the line is long. So I pull out my sock and start working. My boyfriend and his cousin are used to this (even though his cousin had only seen it a few times). It seems that there are a few people out there that aren't that used to it.

You see I noticed someone staring at me. So naturally i turn around to see what is going on. Just some guy about my age looking at me. So I smile and nod (just the normal thing i do) and turn back around. Next thing I know "You're in Public!" is being directed at my back. I turn back around and he's grinning like he said something really really funny. It was rather odd. But I just kept knitting. It's not like i'm trying to impress random people, i'm just keeping from being board.

3 comments:

Kris said...

What the hell...like you were out naked or something.

You should be more careful not to expose your sock before it's finished;)

Charlie Chuckles said...

That guy sounds like a complete tw*t!

Genuine-Lye said...

"You're in pulic."

"Yeah, and you just said that out loud, asshole."